Supervisor Training

The typical supervisory training program is a waste of time and money.

Research has shown that within 30 days of a training program a person loses over 80% of what he/she learned, with the remaining 20% almost completely lost within 6 months.

Part of the reason for this knowledge loss is:

  • Most supervisory training programs are generic. They teach managers general concepts such as planning, organizing, directing, controlling, etc., that are theoretical and limited in practical application. When these programs do occasionally offer specific advice, it is typically viewed as “big company solutions,” which are difficult to retrofit into a small company environment.
  • The material from the programs is not reinforced when the supervisor returns to work.
  • These programs are not equipped to adequately address how adults learn. Adults do not change behaviors by introducing 10 new concepts and then sending them out into the workforce to practice their new skills.

Our supervisory training programs are different because:

  1. We design our programs around the specific needs of the company and its managers.
  2. We provide practical advice using real examples from the experiences of the business and its managers.
  3. We role play actual scenarios as they apply to that company’s workforce and industry.
  4. We engage senior management in the programs to ensure that the principles taught are reinforced on a day-to-day basis following training.
  5. We provide follow-up to the hard skills and soft skills that are introduced to ensure that learning has taken place and behaviors change in a manner consistent with how adults learn. (Adult Learning: Practice one or two new behaviors for a period of two to four weeks until they become a part of your routine, and then add one or two more behaviors to practice.)

Our basic training programs that we customize for clients are:

  • Behavior Change Conversations
  • Interpersonal Communication
  • Performance Evaluations
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Labor Law Update
  • Recognition & Rewards
  • Interviewing
  • Harassment and Sexual Harassment

Get Started Today

Give us a call and discover how we can help.